Welcome to 3Gun at Aurora sportsmen's club
2017 Aurora Sportsmen's Club 3Gun Dates are:
- Registration opens March 12th, 7:30 PM
- Squadding opens April 2nd, 7:30 PM
- Setup April 8th, 7:00 AM
- Match May 21st
- Registration opens April 23rd, 7:30 PM
- Squadding opens May 14th, 7:30 PM
- Setup May 20th, 7:00 AM
- Match August 13th
- Registration opens July 23rd, 7:30 PM
- Squadding opens August 6th, 7:30 PM
- Setup August 12th, 7:00 AM
- Match September 24th
- Registration opens August 27th, 7:30 PM
- Squadding opens September 17th, 7:30 PM
- Setup September 23rd, 7:00 AM
- KICK YOUR "ASS" SEASON FINALE (3 Long stages with 5 Minute Par Times) October 29th 7:30 AM
- Registration opens October 8th, 7:30 PM
- Squadding opens October 22nd, 7:30 PM
- Setup October 28th, 7:00 AM
Why 3-Gun at Aurora Sportsmen's Club?
Whether you are a veteran 3-Gun shooter or just coming out for your first match, the 3Gun Series at Aurora Sportsmen's Club is the place to get your shoot on!
- 6 Stages
- Electronic Scoring with Practiscore
- Targets out to 400 yards.
- Shooter lunch provided by Pub West, official lunch sponsor and post-match awards ceremony host for the match
What is 3-Gun?
3-Gun is one of the action shooting sports where competitors use three different firearms -- a modern sporting rifle (MSR), a pistol, and a shotgun. Matches generally involve courses where the shooter must move through different stages and engage targets in a variety of different positions. Each stage will generally require the use of different firearms and require the shooter to transition between them.
The targets might include clay pigeons, cardboard silhouettes, steel targets of varying sizes and anything else the match organizer designates as a target. Distances of the targets might vary from 1 yard to 400 yards or anything in between. The shooter who hits the most targets -- and avoids certain "no shoot" ones -- in the least amount of time is the winner.
Pre-registration for the 3Gun Matches at Aurora Sportsmen's Club are handled through Eventbrite. The cost is $20 for ASC members and $60 for non-members and is non-refundable.
Stage diagrams and match scores from monthly matches can be found on the Matches page.
On-Site registration is available IF there are any slots left.
Whether pre-registered or on-site registered, you must be present for CHECK-IN* by 7:00 AM. Shooters not present for check-in will forfeit their registration fee and shooting slot. Check-In and safety brief occurs at the Registration desk, located at the registration tent on the east side bays (take the road between the 100 and 200 yard bays to get there) Speed up the registration process by coming with your waiver filled out. Download and print here. * 'CHECK-IN' means you are confirmed present with the registration table. If you are late, we will assign your spot to someone who arrived on time and you will be added to the bottom of the 'Space-Available Signup Sheet'
AT 15 MINUTES BEFORE THE PUBLISHED START TIME, we will start promptly with a Roll Call followed by a Safety Brief. Immediately following the Safety Brief, squads will walk to their start stage. All shooters must have event gear ready and in their possession before the Safety Brief begins.
- Ammunition - about 200 rounds of non-penetrator ammunition for each firearm: Rifle, Pistol, and #7 or smaller lead birdshot. You should also bring 6 slugs for your shotgun. However, you should bring enough rounds for your skill level.
- Chamber Flag - have a chamber flag for each long gun which is easily, quickly and positively removed from/inserted into the chamber of your rifle. PIECES OF ROPE/TWINE WILL NOT BE PERMITTED.
- Magazines - Most shooters bring a minimum of three (3) magazines for each firearm but more would be helpful, particularly for handgun.
- Clothing - we shoot regardless of weather. Plan accordingly.
- Food - Lunch will be provided with the cost of the match. We have a generous lunch sponsor who is providing a great lunch for every match!
- Water - hydration is important. Plan accordingly.
F. A. Q.
- Where are Match Results ?
- .What are the Safety rules?
- Can I uncase my guns at my car? NO - Firearms may be uncased or worked on at designated safety areas only. There will be multiple safety areas designated with signage.
- What rules govern the match? 3-Gun Nation Club Series Rules will be used.
- Where is the Range? See the map below or click the question for directions.