Practical Precision Rifle Clinic
The Practical Precision Rifle Clinic is targeted at individuals who wish to become more competent and confident in their ability to engage targets past 200 yards. This class is designed to help shooters have success at the monthly Practical Precision Rifle matches at ASC.
- Shooting fundamentals for long-range
- Ballistics Calculator Overview
- Chronograph your ammo
- Build your DOPE out to 600 yards
ASC Members can get their 600 yard certification upon successful completion of the clinic.
This course will be taught by Michael Ugorek. Mike was part of the team to develop the Designated Marksman Program for the US Army and was a Brigade Master Gunner.
Required gear includes:
- A rifle with a minimum of .223 caliber (Note: bullet and twist rate) marked on barrel
- If using .223 must be 75 gr or higher
- Rifle must be zeroed with the ammo you're bringing to the class (100 yd zero is recommended)
- Magnified optic (iron sights are not-permitted in this clinic)
- 80 rounds of ammo minimum
- A bipod or bag for front rifle support
- Lunch or snacks (will not take scheduled lunch break)
- Open mind
Optional gear includes:
- Scope with mil-dot reticle
- Smartphone with ballistics app (Stelok, Ballistics, Shooter, iSnipe, BulletFlight, etc)
- Bag/camp chair
- Rear bag
Attendance at the PPR Clinic event is by pre-registration only and is handled through Eventbrite. The cost is $20 for ASC members and $40 for non-members and is non-refundable.