Rifle Handling Basics Clinic
The Rifle Handling Basics Clinic is an educational event designed for the new M4/AR15 platform owner or anyone who wants to improve their rifle handling.
- This is a live fire training experience.
- Learn basic Rifle Marksmanship handling of the AR-15 type rifle. Other worldwide service rifles accepted as well.
- Learn how to zero your rifle.
- Learn basic rifle handling techniques needed for safe use in the Practical Rifle and Action Shooting Sports environment.
- Proper Safety manipulation
- Proper trigger and muzzle discipline
- Safe handling around obstacles both stationary and on the move
- Tactical and emergency reloads
This course will be taught by military veterans and competition shooters with a no nonsense, plain language approach.
Required gear includes:
- Your favorite service rifle
- Eye and hearing protection
- Any tools required to adjust your sights
- Two magazines - More is better
- Minimum 250 rounds of ammunition
- Magazine retention devices - A belt, chest rig, plate carrier, etc...Reloading from pockets will not be acceptable
- Dress appropriately for the weather
Optional gear includes:
- Hat with a brim or bill
- Bug repellent
Attendance at the Rifle Handling Basics event is by pre-registration only and is handled through Eventbrite. The cost is $20 for ASC members and $40 for non-members and is non-refundable.
To register, click on the on the Register Now Buttons on this page. 2013 PR clinic dates are: